Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Feeling a little numb...

Pin It
...literally. For, I don't know how long, maybe a week or so, my fingertips have been tingling. And they're getting worse; it's radiating up to my elbow. (I have a physical coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll have to remember to mention it.)

Last week I saw an ad  for the Dr. Oz show and I made a note to myself that I should watch it to discover what vitamin I'm not getting enough of. It's amazing I remembered with the memory I have. After doing a major grocery shop today, I was tired and in need of a little rest, and it happened to be when the show was on. Yay!

So, I'm watching today and he asks five questions:

Do you have an overall lack of energy?--check

Do you have unusual mood changes?--if you ask my husband, he would say absolutely

Do you have difficulty concentrating or remembering things?--Does the fact that my mom called me once to tell me she thinks I have ADD count as difficulty concentrating? As for memory, my life is a mess because I can't seem to remember things. Like, to the point that I get in trouble with my family for missing events.

Do you have tingling or numbness in hands or feet?- Gasp!!! Right now!!!

Is your tongue inflamed, red, or cracked?--no. Well, I do have a cracked tongue, and I have no idea what's up with that. It's creepy, like a side show circus act, but I've had it as long as I can remember. But not inflamed, and it's just pink. I think. well, whatever, it doesn't seem unusual, so I'm going with no.

Anyway, he tells me that perhaps I have a B12 deficiency. I think to myself that this is plausible as my mother has this. I happen to have B12 in the cupboard from once when my mom suggested that could be my problem, that I have stopped taking because I forget to. But, if there's a chance that it could get rid of my tingling hands, then I'm all for it. And if it gives me a much needed energy boost, then, hey, bonus!

As soon as the segment's done I closed my eyes for a little catnap and promptly fell asleep for an hour. :(

Anyone else have these symptoms?


No comments: